Film submissions are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Winners of the 2020 film and screenplay competition will be screened as soon as health restrictions are lifted. Afterwards, Boomtown will open a call for entries in all categories for the 2021 film festival.
We welcome EPKs (electronic press kits), production stills and other types of promotional material and encourage you to include them with your entry.
- Feature Narrative – A feature length film (greater than 40 minutes) that is narrative in nature.
- Short Narrative – A short film (less than 40 minutes) that is narrative in nature.
- Feature Documentary – A feature length film (>40 minutes) that tries to document reality.
- Short Documentary – A short film (< 40 minutes) that tries to document reality.
- Experimental or Music Video – A film of any length that is experimental in nature or a film edited to be accompanied by a single piece of music.
- Student – A narrative, documentary, experimental or short film produced by a high school or college student.* (entries must provide proof of attendance)
- Animation – A animated film of any length.
- “Texas Proud” – A film of any category and any length that was made in Texas.
- Reel Faith- A film of any category and any length that is based in faith.
- Short Screenplay – screenplays up to 44 pages.
- Feature Screenplay – screenplays 45 pages or more.
Films MUST be submitted digitally online via FilmFreeway.com. Contact us if for some reason you are not able to submit your film electronically. When submitting your film as a data file we highly recommend that you avoid obscure file formats. If we can’t watch your film then we can’t accept your film. We suggest using one of the following standard file types: .mov, .mp4, H.264, .wmv, .avi, .flv.
Data files should be named after the title of the film, and video DVDs should be clearly labeled with your name, contact info, film run time and entry category.
Under no circumstances will any of the materials you send in be returned after the festival.
Films must be either English language, or come with English subtitled on the video. We are encouraging all films to have subtitles, even if the film is in English, so that more people can enjoy the films. However, having or not having subtitles will not be the deciding factor in accepting films.
By entering the contest you’re stating that you are, or have the permission of, the film’s copyright holder. If you are not the sole creator of the film or any of its elements then you must first obtain permission from all rights holders of the creative property before sending the film to our festival.
Our policy is to only accept films which were completed no longer than two years prior to the festival date. However, if there are extenuating circumstances we may consider accepting older projects. Just ask.
We reserve the right to create or eliminate categories based upon the type, number and quality of entries. Also, all decisions made by the judges are final.
All writers of submitted material must be 18 years or older, including co-authored material.
Contestant must not have professional literary representation.
Submission must be contestant’s own original work.
Submissions should be written in English.
Contestant can submit multiple scripts per contest.
[table id=1 /]
All fees will be handled through filmfreeway.
How to Submit
Boomtown Film and Music Festival proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world’s best online submissions platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, Vimeo and YouTube integration, and more. Click to submit with FilmFreeway.