Are you looking to work on a short film or take acting classes? Our friends at the Houston Film Commission make a list of casting/crew calls every week, which is a brilliant idea! You can subscribe to their newsletter at their website (http://www.houstonfilmcommission.com).
If you have a project that you need a crew or cast, please email us!
New or local content is italicized.
CREW CALL [$$$]
- Texavision Media Center has launched Television Programming in Houston with live streaming content and access through mobile devices. We are currently seeking Associate Producers to join our team. Associate Producers will have the opportunity to create and broadcast their own shows, films or music videos. Duties include writing, editing, idea pitching, assist in promotions as well as manage growing tape needs on the program. For consideration, Producers must have writing knowledge/skills, excellent creative writing and communication skills, ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling broadcast content, highly detail oriented with the ability to execute ideas, comfortable working with talent, and other high profile individuals, excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment. To schedule a pitch meeting, please email [email protected] or visit the TV Pitch Guidelines here http://bit.ly/2qeylhJ
- Short film (extended trailer) project THE CHARLES BRODEN STORY, an analysis of the sales cycle in an insurance office and its impact on a suicidal gambling addict, his beneficiary, and a rookie insurance agent (Glengarry Glen Ross meets Owning Mahowny), is seeking a Cinematographer/DP with their own equipment, Sound Mixer with their own equipment, and Production Designer for a shoot scheduled for Fall 2017 in the Houston area. Positions are PAID commensurate with experience. Please send resumes/reels and desired day rate (this is an indie production, relying heavily on grants, etc.) to [email protected]
- “Crooked”, a web series about two crooked cops that work together in Houston, is seeking a Gaffer and Location Sound Mixer for a shoot in Houston. The positions are Paid. Please submit resume/reels to [email protected]
- A drama short film project is seeking cast & crew for a two-day late spring early summer shoot in Houston. Synopsis : A six year old boy, Ian, attracts the wrong attention when he is forced to spend time alone outside, while his mom entertains last night’s company inside. Crew needed: On-Location Sound Mixer, having own equipment is a plus, but not necessary; Camera Operator, having own equipment is a plus, but not necessary; Editor, must have editing software and knowledge of film grading. Cast Needed: Ian – six years of age, biracial in appearance, acting discipline, good w/direction; Stranger – 20s and over, slim to medium build, caucasian, acting discipline, good w/direction. Cast & Crew will be Paid (TBD). Please send resumes to Montreal Keir Martin at [email protected]
CREW CALL [Non paid]
- “Behind The Curtain – The making of a Broadway Musical”, a short film documentary that follows the process of making a Broadway style musical from script selection to opening night, that will shoot talent interviews select weekday evenings and Saturdays beginning June 1, 2017 at the Betty Greenberg Center for Performing Arts, Beaumont, Texas. Principle shooting of musical TBD by theater in the fall 2017 season. Production Crew Needed: Camera, Lighting, Audio, Load in-out. Post-Production Needed: Video Editor, Sound Editor. Production Talent: Experienced Musical Directors, AD, Stage Manager, Choreographer, Music Director, Costumer, Actor, Technical Director, Marketing. Positions are Non-Paid. For more information please contact Doug Underwood at Fresh Productions at 409-719-3483 or [email protected]
- Master Hughes Productions is seeking Cast & Crew for indie feature MOUNTAIN STALKER shooting summer/fall in Conroe, TX. Synopsis: A lone park ranger is sent into the mountains when too many people are reported missing, he discovers a serial killer that moves from park to park around the nation.: A camera man is also needed, compensation depends on experience. Please send headshot/resume/reel to Master Hughes Productions [email protected]
CAST CALL [$$$]
- Bright Spot Creative is accepting talent resumés + headshots for eight (8) separate roles in a video spot for a local urgent care facility TV commercial and online content. The shoot day is set for 05/19/2017in Houston, TX. Roles (All ethnicities accepted): Mother – female, age range 30-50; Little Boy – male, age range 6-11; Older Father – male, age range 55-70; Daughter – female, age range 21-30; Construction worker 1 – male, age range 21-45; Construction worker 2 – male, ager range 21-45; Doctor – male, age range 35 – 60; Nurse – female, age range 21-35. Roles are Paid, $75-$150/day + meal. Please send resumés + headshots to [email protected]
- Stolt-Nielsen short corporate film showcasing what Stolt-Nielsen does and the end use of the chemicals the company transports. We require a father (aged 30-40) and daughter (aged 4-7), the father will act as a SN employee taking his daughter to school on his way to work, he will need to have his own car that he can drive as part of the shoot. His daughter will be sitting in a car seat in the back. The father will then arrive at the Southaven terminal in Houston for work, where he will act out various roles as a crew man on board one of the ships. These are non-speaking roles. Shoot dates are two days during the week commencing either 22 Mayor 29 May 2017. The daughter will be required for a few hours only one morning, the father will be required for 1.5 – 2 days. The filming will be at a residential location (could be the actors home), and at the Stolthaven terminal, Houston. The roles are Paid. Please e-mail actor submissions to Jon Honeywill at [email protected]
- Master Hughes Productions is seeking Cast & Crew for indie feature MOUNTAIN STALKER shooting summer/fall in Conroe, TX. Synopsis: A lone park ranger is sent into the mountains when too many people are reported missing, he discovers a serial killer that moves from park to park around the nation. Roles Needed: Man to be the mountain stalker, 6 ft or taller; Female to be ranger staff, any height, professional look; Male to be ranger staff, any height, professional look, short hair; Male to be camper, any height; Female to be camper, any height; All actors must be physically fit and able to hike in the forest. Actors will receive a nominal stipend for travel and meals on set.
- Actors needed for a short film shooting in Houston for a few days in early May 2017. “In My Mold” is an intimate story that explores identity and human connection with two lead characters in a same sex relationship. Cast Needed: MEI – Disconnected from the world, she spends most days just going through the motions. She is seeking something or someone to break her routine. Lead role, woman in her 20s, early to mid-30s, any ethnicity. HARLEY – A confident, assertive and carefree spirit who takes control of situations. Lead role, female in her 20s, early to mid-30s, any ethnicity. NOAH – Slightly smug, but still charming in his own way. Secondary role, male in his 20s, early to mid-30s, any ethnicity. WAITER – Secondary role, male in his 40s, 50s, any ethnicity. MEI #2 – Secondary role, female in her late 20s, early 30s, any ethnicity. MEI #3 – non-speaking role, female or genderqueer, any age, any ethnicity. HARLEY #2 – non-speaking role, male or genderqueer, any age, any ethnicity. Roles are Paid (Non-SAG). Please send headshot and resume/previous acting credits to [email protected]
- On-camera Event Spokesperson needed for the MODAERO Aviation Festival and Air Show: June 2-4, Conroe TX. The MODAERO Aviation Festival and Airshow spokesperson will need to be available on an intermittent bases in the weeks leading up to the show in order to film social media spots, take photos for event literature and interview festival/industry participants. The spokesperson will need to be present throughout the event dates on June 2-4, at the airport in Conroe, TX. Hourly wage to be negotiated. Please send resume to Brian Columbus at [email protected] or call 844-663-2376 or visit https://modaero.net/festival/modaero-2017
- A drama short film project is seeking cast & crew for a two-day late spring early summer shoot in Houston. Synopsis : A six year old boy, Ian, attracts the wrong attention when he is forced to spend time alone outside, while his mom entertains last night’s company inside. Cast Needed: Ian – six years of age, biracial in appearance, acting discipline, good w/direction; Stranger – 20s and over, slim to medium build, caucasian, acting discipline, good w/direction. Cast & Crew will be Paid (TBD). Please send resumes to Montreal Keir Martin at [email protected]
CAST CALL [Non Paid]
- A healthy lifestyle television program seeks children and adolescents who weigh 250+ pounds to participate in a documentary series. Participants must be between the ages of 10 and 18 years of age, and reside in the Houston metropolitan area (within one hour). The program requires a three-month commitment. Led by a qualified physician, a multi-disciplinary team of health professionals will oversee your child’s participation in a structured weight-loss and weight management program. Participants in the program, along with their parents, will take part in an exercise and nutrition course designed to lose weight and keep it off. Open casting call from 5/10/17-5/31/17. For more information contact Maureen Galaviz at [email protected]
- Houston Television (HTV) is now casting hosts for a new entertainment show, THE RIDE. Houston Television producers are searching for energetic hosts who have a unique connection to entertainment, a light and fun interview personality and the ability to connect with the audience. If you love the television industry and think you have what it takes to host your own brand of an infotainment show – apply today. Role is Non-Paid. Please include your headshot and resume and or reel link, and email information to [email protected]
- MTV is casting a new season of the thought-provoking series, “16 and Pregnant.” We are looking for young women, ages 15-18 who are dealing with difficult, life-changing decisions such as relationship drama, pregnancy, family disputes. If you are currently dealing with something that is causing conflict or confusion in your life, we want to hear from you. We are looking for young women from all backgrounds who would like to share their personal story, please e-mail us and explain in detail how your current crisis is affecting your life. Please e-mail •One paragraph about how your current situation is affecting your life •Your name •Your Age •Your phone number •City/State where you live •A recent photo of yourself to [email protected]
WORKSHOPS FOR ACTORS:
- Price Hall is gathering the best of the best for another challenging workshop on Sunday May 21st, Noon-6:00pm. This workshop will focus on the bottom line for all actors, MAKING CHOICES. This will be a Part 1 workshop in preparation for a Part 2 workshop, which will be by invitation only for 6-10 actors, taping on June 24th. To reserve a spot and more information, please email [email protected] or call Terry Futschik at 281-910-0214
- Next Actor Studio is holding on-camera acting classes for adults, teens & kids at West U and Rice Village area, along with Stanislavski Method Sessions for beginners, intermediate and advanced level students. Enrollment is ongoing. For more information please visit http://www.nextactor.com/ or e-mail [email protected] or call 713-532-2867
- BETA Theater is proud to announce two Level One Improv classes. BETA is the only theater in town run by film and theater professionals. This 8 week class focuses on the foundations of scenic improvisation. It’s fun. It’s challenging. Students practice supporting each other with agreement, building creatively by listening for patterns, and making choices on stage with confidence. You will see improvements in your auditions and in your acting. Instructors are Hoja Lopez on Saturday afternoons and Billy Trim on Wednesday nights. DATES: Saturdays – 8 weeks, 2PM-5PM, Beginning September 10th, 2016. Wednesdays – 8 weeks, 7PM-10PM, Beginning September 14th, 2016. Register at www.betatheater.com or email [email protected]
- Two of the best acting coaches in Hollywood, John Homa and Jeff Dockweiler offer an ONGOING/WEEKLY class in Houston, EVERY SATURDAY for ages 10-15 and 16 Up. We have over 30 years of experience and success in Hollywood audition rooms and on sets around the world. Our unique approach to story structure and how to succeed in the entertainment industry has proven instrumental in the success of a star-studded client list that includes, most recently, Brie Larson, Winner; 2016 Golden Globe-Best Actress, SAG Award Best Actress and Oscar- Best Actress for “Room”. For a more complete client list, please go to https://www.homaanddock.com/houston-classesEmail us at [email protected]withyour interest and we will send you more thorough information about the class.
- “Actors Helping Actors” is a talented team approach by Marilyn Swick, SAG-AFTRA actor, bringing acting workshops for all ages and levels, that includes a production team to shoot reels, auditions, shorts, and even feature films. The adult group meets on Thursdays from 5:30-7:30 pm. The mixed group adults/children meets on Saturdays from 10:00-11:30 am. All classes are held at my office in Memorial. Please visit my IMDB page to learn more about my work http://www.imdb.me/marilynswick or e-mail [email protected] to hold a spot for the next workshop, private, or audition self-tape. Class schedules and changes are posted 48 hours prior to class in the event I am booked on set. For more information visit https://www.facebook.com/Actors-Helping-Actors-468351116701654
- Actor Sarah Gaston (http://www.saragaston.com ) is teaching an on-going class geared toward actors who have already been practicing their craft and want to continue to hone their skills and find deeper ways to explore. Each week will have a different focus and will draw from several acting schools including Uta Hagen, Stella Adler, Sanford Meisner and Harold Guskin. We’ll be working both on film and off, and explore script analysis, character development, freeing yourself from constraint, finding the core of the scene and more. When: Tuesdays, 6:30pm-9pm, resuming April 4th. Where: 5322 W Bellfort Ave #201, Houston, TX 77035 (on the corner of Bellfort and Chimney Rock) Who: Ages 13 and up. For questions or to apply for a spot in this class, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
- John Wesley Downey will hold a Beginner’s Introduction to Voice Acting on Saturday, May 6th from 1 to 5pm at 4801 Woodway. Basic technique, lots of practice and constructive critiques in a supportive atmosphere. Covers Radio & TV commercials, industrial narration and audio books. Maximum class size of five students. Enroll by April 28th and receive a significant early bird discount. Paypal accepted. Contact John at [email protected]
WORKSHOPS FOR FILMMAKERS
- Prime Camera announces the Summer 2017 free photo & video workshops every Saturday, Noon-2:00P at 11500 S Sam Houston Pkwy West: SAT5/6 – Studio Photography and Lighting; SAT5/20 – Volunteer Church Video Production; SAT6/3 – Pre-Production for Filmmaking. For complete information please visit http://www.primecamera.com/events
- Next Actor Studio is holding on-camera acting classes for adults, teens & kids at West U and Rice Village area, along with Stanislavski Method Sessions for beginners, intermediate and advanced level students, as well as screenwriting and filmmaking workshops. Enrollment is ongoing. For more information please visit http://www.nextactor.com/ or e-mail [email protected] or call 713-532-2867
- Houston MediaSource, Houston’s Public Access Television Channel, provides training and equipment for aspiring Film, TV, and radio producers. Houston’s creatives are welcomed to learn how their artistic visions can be transformed into high-quality film or TV productions at FREE Orientation Sessions held every Monday at 6 p.m. Houston MediaSource is located at 410 Roberts, 77003 in EaDo. Attendees will learn how they can produce their own TV shows, radio programs, and film projects at Houston MediaSource, using top of the line gear, studios, and editing facilities. Learn more at www.hmstv.org or RSVP to Roger E Palomino at [email protected] or call (713) 524-7700 x112
JUST FOR KIDS
- Now in its ninth year, Aurora Picture Show’s popular summer filmmaking camps give kids the opportunity to learn about, create, and discuss film and video. Part of our Media Education initiatives, our hands-on youth camps teach narrative and experimental filmmaking techniques, with local professionals guiding participants in developing, shooting, and editing digital short films. Camps are held Aurora Picture Show (2442 Bartlett Street, 77098). All camps are from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Ages: 8-11 (12 students max enrollment per camp) Camp 1: June 19 – 23. Camp 2: June 26 – 30. Camp 4: July 17 – 21. Ages: 12-15 (12 students max enrollment per camp) Camp 3: July 10 – 14. Camp 5: July 24 – 28. Camp 6: July 31 – Aug. 4. For complete information and to register please visit http://aurorapictureshow.org/pages/summer_filmmaking_camps_120.asp