Boomtown Music Video Challenge
The Boomtown Film Society is bringing back the Music Video Challenge, a free filmmaking contest in Southeast Texas. Participants will randomly select one song from a collection of music made by local bands and then will have one full week (10/6 – 10/15) to create and submit their music video for that song. All music videos will then be screened on the big screen at the historic Jefferson Theatre on Thursday, Oct. 19 before a presentation of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, where the audience will vote to select the winner of the challenge.
The Music Video Challenge will kick-off during Boomtown’s Southeast Texas Film Community Meet-up. Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/965558511183187
Kick-off Date: Friday, October 6, 2023
Kick-off Time: 7:30 PM
Kick-off Place: Madison’s on Dowlen (4020 Dowlen Rd., Beaumont, TX)
Cost to participate: FREE
Deadline: Sunday, October 15
- The Music Video Challenge is open to all ages.
- Teams may consist of any number of people.
- It is free to participate in the Boomtown Music Video Challenge.
- At the beginning of the contest, a representative of each team must come provide a team name, contact information, and receive their random song.
- All materials (such as footage) used during the race should be original, or used with the permission of the owner. Assigned songs have already been approved for use by the song owners.
- Music videos may be no longer than 30 seconds more than the run time of the assigned song, including credits.
- The deadline to turn in music videos is the night of Sunday, October 15. Late entries may be disqualified.
- Videos must be submitted to our e-mail address: [email protected]. You may use whichever digital delivery service you prefer (we recommend WeTransfer.com, which is free and has a 2gb size limit.) Remember to state your team name when you submit your film. Your official finish time will be when your video arrives in our inbox.
- Late submission, overlong film run time or unauthorized use of copyrighted materials may disqualify your video from the contest.