2023 Boomtown 48 Hour Film Race
Kick-off Date: April 21, 2023
Kick-off Time: 6:30 PM
Kick-off Place: The Logon Café (3805 Calder Ave., Beaumont, TX)
- The 48 Hour Film Race is open to all ages.
- Teams may consist of any number of people.
- It is free to participate in the Boomtown 48 Hour Film Race.
- At the beginning of the race, a representative of each team must come forward, sign-in with a team name and spin the wheel to receive their genre.
- All materials (footage, music, etc.) used during the race should be original, or used with the permission of the owner.
- Films may have a maximum run time of 4 minutes, including credits.
- The deadline to turn in films is 48 hours after the last team signs in and receives their genre at the race kick-off. (This will put the deadline around 7:00 PM on Sunday, April 23.)
- Films must be submitted to our e-mail address: [email protected]. You may use whichever digital delivery service you prefer (we recommend WeTransfer.com, which is free and has a 2gb size limit.) Remember to state your team name when you submit your film. Your official finish time will be when your film arrives in our inbox. Also include the names of all team members, if you want them to be recognized.
- Late submission, ignoring assigned genre, overlong film run time or unauthorized use of copyrighted materials will negatively impact your film during judging.
- The first 13 films to cross the finish line will be screened at the Jefferson Theatre on Saturday, May 13th during the 2023 Boomtown Film & Music Festival. The race films will be shown at 7pm (exact time may be subject to change), immediately followed by an announcement of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place films. Note that free participation in the 48 Hr. Film Race does not include free entry to the Boomtown Film & Music Festival.