2022 Boomtown 48 Hour Film Race
Kick-off Date: August 19, 2022
Kick-off Time: 7 PM
Kick-off Place: Madison’s on Dowlen (4020 Dowlen Rd, Beaumont, TX)
- The 48 Hour Film Race is open to all ages.
- Teams may consist of any number of people.
- It is free to participate in the Boomtown 48 Hour Film Race.
- At the beginning of the race, a representative of each team must come forward, sign-in with a team name and spin the wheel to receive their genre.
- All materials (footage, music, etc.) used during the race should be original, or used with the permission of the owner.
- Films may have a maximum run time of 4 minutes, including credits.
- The deadline to turn in films is 48 hours after the last team signs in and receives their genre at the race kick-off. (This will put the deadline around 7:30 PM on Sunday, Aug 22.)
- Films must be submitted to our e-mail address: [email protected] You may use whichever digital delivery service you prefer (we recommend WeTransfer.com, which is free and has a 2gb size limit.) Remember to state your team name when you submit your film. Your official finish time will be when your film arrives in our inbox.
- Ignoring assigned genre, late submission, overlong film run time or unauthorized use of copyrighted materials will negatively impact your film during judging.
- The first 12 films to cross the finish line will be screened at the Jefferson Theatre on Saturday, September 10th during the 2022 Boomtown Film & Music Festival. The race films will be shown at 7pm, immediately followed by an announcement of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place films. This year’s 1st Place team will receive a cash prize of $100.