2018 Music Video Challenge
Boomtown Music Video Challenge
Date: April 4, 2018
Place: Logon Cafe, 3805 Calder Ave, Beaumont, TX
Make your own music video using music provided by artists from this year’s music lineup!
Rules are similar to that of our annual 48 hour video race, except instead of two days to film and edit their short film, contestants get a full week to complete their music video, and instead of genres, teams draw from songs.
During the festivities, teams are welcome to sign up, draw their assigned music from a hat, and use the time to concept with their team, or simply enjoy a drink among local film fans.
- Songs may be interpreted however the team sees fit, so long as the song is not edited in any way, even for length.
- Videos are not restricted to any time requirement, except for that of the song length.
- Teams will have one week to complete their entry, from concept to final edits, and will turn in their videos online.
- The top three videos will be showcased at the festival, but only one team will take home a trophy.
- No experience required: all you need is video equipment, editing program, and the creative desire to make an inspired music video for one of our 2018 Festival bands.
- There is no size limit or requirements for teams. Feel free to enter solo or with your entire high school senior class – so long as you don’t mind sharing one trophy among you.
- You have until Wednesday, April 11th to complete your video.
- Voting will be open from Friday, April 13 till Wednesday, April 18, the day before BoomFest begins.
You don’t have to enter the contest to come and enjoy a night out with the BoomFest crew!