The 2018 Boomtown Film and Music Festival is now accepting contest entries in all categories. We have a early bird, normal and late submission deadline. Late entries will be accepted, but we can only guarantee judging if your film is received before December 1, 2017. This year we are also adding Screenplays as a submission category.
We welcome EPKs (electronic press kits), production stills and other types of promotional material and encourage you to include them with your entry.
- Feature Narrative – A feature length film (greater than 40 minutes) that is narrative in nature.
- Short Narrative – A short film (less than 40 minutes) that is narrative in nature.
- Feature Documentary – A feature length film (>40 minutes) that tries to document reality.
- Short Documentary – A short film (< 40 minutes) that tries to document reality.
- Experimental or Music Video – A film of any length that is experimental in nature or a film edited to be accompanied by a single piece of music.
- Student – A narrative, documentary, experimental or short film produced by a high school or college student.* (entries must provide proof of attendance)
- Animation – A animated film of any length.
- “Made in Texas” – A film of any category that was made in Texas.
- Short Screenplay – screenplays up to 44 pages.
- Feature Screenplay – screenplays 45 pages or more.
Films MUST be submitted digitally online via FilmFreeway.com. Contact us if for some reason you are not able to submit your film electronically. When submitting your film as a data file we highly recommend that you avoid obscure file formats. If we can’t watch your film then we can’t accept your film. We suggest using one of the following standard file types: .mov, .mp4, H.264, .wmv, .avi, .flv.
Data files should be named after the title of the film, and video DVDs should be clearly labeled with your name, contact info, film run time and entry category.
Under no circumstances will any of the materials you send in be returned after the festival.
Films must be either English language, or come with English subtitled on the video.
By entering the contest you’re stating that you are, or have the permission of, the film’s copyright holder. If you are not the sole creator of the film or any of its elements then you must first obtain permission from all rights holders of the creative property before sending the film to our festival.
Our policy is to only accept films which were completed no longer than two years prior to the festival date. However, if there are extenuating circumstances we may consider accepting older projects. Just ask.
We reserve the right to create or eliminate categories based upon the type, number and quality of entries. Also, all decisions made by the judges are final.
All writers of submitted material must be 18 years or older, including co-authored material.
Contestant must not have professional literary representation.
Submission must be contestant’s own original work.
Submissions should be written in English.
Contestant can submit multiple scripts per contest.
|Experimental / Music Video||$10.00||$15.00||$20.00|
|"Made in Texas"||$10.00||$15.00||$20.00|
All fees will be handled through filmfreeway.
How to Submit
Boomtown Film and Music Festival proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world’s best online submissions platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, Vimeo and YouTube integration, and more. Click to submit with FilmFreeway.